What is the TCNJ Onboarding Process?
Onboarding at TCNJ is the process through which new employees acquire the necessary knowledge and behaviors to become effective and successful members of the campus community. The Onboarding process is much more than an orientation program, and consists of six to twelve months of information sharing, training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the employee’s transition.
Please view this presentation on: Onboarding a New Employee
Onboarding Matters @ TCNJ
Through the Onboarding Program at TCNJ, we will focus on 3 key areas:
- Orientation: Orientation is an integral part of onboarding.
- Role Integration: Ensuring the new member of the campus community is effectively trained, prepared, and equipped with the resources to perform effectively in his/her role
- Campus Engagement: In this area, we will work to make sure the new employee is and feels like he/she is a part of the TCNJ Family
The objectives of Onboarding at TCNJ are as follows. The program:
- Facilitates employee’s ability to be effective in the new role
- Reinforces the employee’s decision to join TCNJ
- Enhances productivity by providing access to resources/information
- Encourages commitment from campus community
- Engages the employee
- Increases new employee retention
Manager Resources for Onboarding Employees
- Use this Onboarding Checklist to lead you through the steps to orient your new employee. We encourage innovation in your approach to onboarding, so please feel free to be creative.
- Click here for LinkedIn learning content to support you during the onboarding journey and beyond: Learning and Development Courses and Videos
- The Value of a Buddy
- Onboarding: The First 90 Days
- Using the “Stay Interview” As a Tool
- Performance Management & Performance Evaluation
- HCM Cloud Video Tutorial: Completing a Performance Assessment Review (PAR)
- Non TCNJ Employee Access (for Contingent Workers, Associated Educators and Contractors)