Benefit Program Overviews
Enrollment in a medical and dental plan or a flexible spending account must be completed within the first 60 days of employment. Below, you will find a brief overview of the benefits available to you.
You can find additional information under the “Benefits” tab at the top of the Human Resources Home Page. If you have a question or concern, please refer to the HR Directory for contact information.
Benefit Program Summaries
Your program of benefits is governed by your employment classification and bargaining unit affiliation. If you are unsure of your benefit program eligibility, please review your offer letter or employment contract where your employment classification is indicated. Any questions, please reach out to “Employee Benefits.”
For more information regarding your Medical and Dental Plan Options including:
- A Side-by-Side Comparison of Medical Plans
- A Comparison of Prescription Plans
- A Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Plan Rates and Employee Contribution Calculators
Please review the State Health Benefits Program Website.
Or, visit the Benefits Program Summaries for all TCNJ employees webpage.
Flu Shot Resources for Employees Enrolled in a Health Plan
The NJDPB is offering FREE flu shot clinics for ALL State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) members and their dependents.
For more information on how to receive your free flu shot, please visit Flu Shot Resources on the NJDPB website.
Dental Plan Design Options
To review your Dental Plan Options, please visit the State Health Benefits Program Website, and click the “Review Your Plan Choices” dropdown.
- Under the “Review Your Plan Choices” dropdown, employees may access information on Dental Plan Providers, Dental Plan Overviews, and an “Employee Dental Plans Member Guidebook.”
Program for the Tiered Network Plan
The Incentive Program for Horizon OMNIA offers a financial incentive of $1,000 to first-time enrollees who remain enrolled for one year for all coverage levels (i.e., Single, Member and Spouse, Parent and Child, or Family coverage). The incentive is paid by gift card no later than the end of the current tax year and is deemed reportable income for tax purposes. The incentive shall be forfeited and returned to the SHBP if the subscriber fails to remain enrolled in the Tiered-Network Plan for at least one plan year. For more information, please visit the Tiered-Network Incentive Program Website.
Prescription Drug Insurance Elections and Information
Members must elect to enroll in both medical and prescription insurance. This means that if you enroll in the medical plan you are required to also enroll in the prescription drug insurance plan that covers the same individual(s) under both plans. If a member opts to waive coverage, both medical and prescription coverage must be waived. For more information, please review the “Get Prescription Drug Information” dropdown on the State Health Benefits Program Website.
- If you are looking for more information on OptumRX, please visit the OptumRx website for useful tools on pharmacy networks, prescription drug list, prescription pricing, and home delivery: OptumRx Website
- OptumRx members are eligible for prescription discounts through the Optum Perks cards. Each time you fill a prescription, bring the card to your favorite pharmacy and save on thousands of prescription medications.
- Visit the Optum Perks website for a additional details: More Optum Perks Details
Tax$ave Flexible Spending Accounts
Horizon is the flexible spending accounts administrator. A new enrollment is required every year in order to participate in a flexible spending account. This means that current participants must enroll again.
Tax$ave offers eligible employees the opportunity to increase their available income by reducing their federal tax liability. Employees who elect to participate in a flexible spending account (FSA) decide how much to contribute for the calendar year at enrollment. Ideally, employees who elect to enroll in a flexible spending account base their contribution amount on predictable expenses.
Click here for more details about Tax$ave
Livongo for Diabetes, is a benefit being offered at no cost to you. The Livongo for Diabetes Program makes living with diabetes easier by providing you with a connected meter, unlimited strips, and coaching. For more information: Livongo Flyer
Enrolling in Medical and Dental Insurance
All new health benefit elections must be submitted through Benefitsolver, a website designed for employees to enroll, make plan changes, add or delete dependents and upload documentation. Employees will have access to Benefitsolver through the myNewJersey portal.
- To create a myNewJersey account, you must sign up here: https://my.state.nj.us/signup/Signup.
- Step-by-step instructions to access BenefitsSolver from your myNewJersey account: How to Access BenefitsSolver
- Instructional video for MBOS: How to Retrieve Your MBOS Log In Credentials
PennMedicine Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PennMedicine Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers video counseling using secure HIPAA compliant, interactive audio and video technology. Find all the details at Employee Access Program
Retirement Plan Overviews and Resources
Instructional video for MBOS is: How to Retreive Your MBOS Log In Credentials
- Alternate Benefit Program resources are here: ABP Information
- Public Employees’ Retirement System resources are here: PERS Information
- Police and Fireman’s Retirement System resources are here: PFRS Information
- Defined Contribution Retirement Program resources are here: DCRP Information